How to Develop Your First Mobile Application?
Mobile applications are here to stay for a very long time. Every year, smartphone manufacturers have come up with new and exciting features that make use of new technologies that will help advance mobile app development.
For instance, with the use of AR scanners that are already built-in current smartphones, they can create a 3D image that makes use of your current environment.
With new features being added on a consistent basis, making mobile applications will never be out of style.
That being said, how exactly do you create your very first mobile application? Well, the gist of it is that you will need to know specific programming languages first. But, before you learn them, you have to know which operating system environment you’re going to create applications for.
At the time of writing this article, Android and iOS seems to be the two prevailing operating systems to date. If you are planning to create Android applications, you will need to learn stuff about Java as it is the main programming language when creating apps for this particular platform.
Of course, Google is working on their own programming language and framework, but in the meantime, you can sink in your time to learn about Java.
If you want to create iOS applications, on the other hand, then you will need to learn two programming languages: Objective-C and Swift.
Objective-C is a now-defunct standard, but it can still be used to develop new iOS applications. Swift is the programming language that is based on Objective-C but it is more streamlined and easy to learn.
Once you’ve learned the necessary programming languages, you will also need to learn about the different development platforms as well.
These are frameworks that, when used in conjunction with the right programming languages, allow you to develop your own mobile applications.
- It starts with the idea. What features do you want to include in your application?
- Next, come up with the design aspect of your application. You might need to hire a designer to help you with this part.
- If you are creating Android applications, use Java or Google’s own programming language to create your apps. Furthermore, there are some development frameworks you can use as well. Since you’re going to create your first app, I suggest that you create a native one so that it will be much easier for you. A native app is a mobile application that works only one platform- providing the best performance possible at the cost of only working on a single operating environment.
- Once the app development process is done, submit your application to the different app stores for approval.
- Promote your application through your own website, social media accounts, and other marketing funnels.
- Whenever possible, add new features and make some changes on your existing application to continue its success.
- Always listen to customer feedback so that you can provide an application with the features that were suggested to you by the community.